Electromagnetic Warfare, Weapons, Weather Modification, Climate Change, Geo-Engineering and Earthquakes
back to: History
1. Electromagnetic Warfare
From the 1950s the military have used low-level electromagnetic radiation in electromagnetic warfare.
USSR Microwave Irradiation of US Embassy in Moscow, 1953-1976
From 1953 until 1976 the USSR beamed microwaves at the US embassy in Moscow at 1,000 to 240,000 microWatts/meter squared, using 2.45 to 4 GHz beams. The USA was unaware of this until 1959. In 1975 the USSR increased the power with two different transmitters. Embassy staff suffered typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms and some developed cancers.
Czechoslovakian Research, 1960 on
A Department of High Frequency was established in 1960 at the Institute of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Diseases in Prague, Czechoslovakia. This Department was concerned solely with the problems of EM waves of the non-ionizing spectrum in relation to man being unfavorably affected.
- "Typical symptoms are pains in the head and eyes, fatigue connected with overall weakness, dizziness, and vertigo when standing for a longer period. Sleep at night is restive and superficial, there is sleepiness during the day. Exposed individuals are subject to changing moods, they often become irritated to the point of becoming intolerable. Hypochondric reactions are manifested along with feelings of fear. Sometimes those affected feel nervous tension or, on the contrary, mental depression connected with inhibition of intellectual functions, mainly decreased memory."
(Marha K: "Maximum admissible values of HF and UHF electromagnetic radiation at work places in Czechoslovakia" in: Cleary SF (ed.) “Biological Effects and Health Implications of Microwave Radiation” Symposium Richmond Virginia, 1969 , Bureau of Radiological Health, U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare; 1970, BRH/DBE: 70-2: 188).
USA Project Pandora for Microwave Weapons, 1965-1970
After the USA discovered in 1959 that the USSR had been irradiating their embassy in Moscow, there was a move to investigate the use of microwaves as weapons. Studies showed that non-thermal microwave exposure produced typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms which could disable victims.
- In 1965 Koslov, of the USA's Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), admitted that the Soviets had hundreds of studies showing low-level radio frequency bio-effects. These effects were typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms, such as "excessive fatigue, coordination loss, changes in blood pressure, in heart rate, biochemical changes in the blood, and some loss of sensory ability".
- Analysis of the 'Moscow Signal' led to Project Pandora (1965-1970), the first US research programme into the offensive use of health and psychological effects of low-level microwave radiation. It was 70-80% funded by the military. Studies demonstrated how to induce heart seizures, create leaks in the blood brain barrier and produce auditory hallucinations.
- Despite attempts to hide Project Pandora, memoranda of Richard Cesaro, director of DARPA, confirmed that the programme’s initial goal was to “discover whether a carefully controlled microwave signal could control the mind.” Cesaro urged that these studies be made “for potential weapons applications” (Defense Intelligence Agency report).
- Dr Milton Zaret informed the CIA about Soviet research:
"For non-thermal irradiations, they believe that the electromagnetic field induced by the microwave environment affects the cell membrane, and this results in the increase of excitability or an increase in the level of excitation of nerve cells. With repeated or continued exposure, the increased excitability leads to a state of exhaustion of the cells of the cerebral cortex."
(Anna Keeler: ”Remote Mind Control Technology”, in Jim Keith: Secret and Suppressed 1993: 27-41.)
- Following public outcry, Congress forbade further research and demanded that these projects be terminated across the board. Victor Marchetti, a former CIA agent, however, later revealed that the programmes merely became more covert with a high element of 'deniability' built in to them.
(David Guyatt: "Some aspects of anti-personnel electromagnetic weapons" Synopsis for the International Committee of the Red Cross Symposium: "The Medical Profession and the Effects of Weapons" February 1996)
- In 1977 the US Navy held a secret conference on "undesirable electromagnetic effects".
- Sharon Weinberger: "The Secret History of Diplomats and Invisible Weapons" (Daily Mail, August 25 2017; From Sharon Weinberger: "The Imagineers of War: The Untold Story of DARPA, the Pentagon Agency that Changed the World";
US Marine Corps: Non-lethal Electromagnetic Weapons Project, 1980-1983
From 1980-1983 Eldon Byrd, of the Naval Surface Weapons Office, ran the Marine Corps: Non-lethal Electromagnetic Weapons Project, mainly at at the Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute in Bethesda, Md. He was commissioned to develop electromagnetic devices for purposes including 'riot control', clandestine operations and hostage removal. Many of his experiments produced typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms.
- "We were looking at electrical activity in the brain and how to influence it," Byrd said. He conducted experiments on animals - and even on himself - to see if brain waves would move into sync with waves impinging on them from the outside. He found that they would, but the effect was short lived.
- By using very low frequency EMR Byrd found he could induce the brain to release behavior-regulating chemicals. "We could put animals into a stupor" by hitting them with these frequencies. "We got chick brains - in vitro - to dump 80% of the natural opioids in their brains."
- On the controversy about reproductive hazards to Video Display Terminal (VDT) operators, Byrd wrote of alterations in brain function of animals exposed to low intensity fields. Offspring of exposed animals "exhibited a drastic degradation of intelligence later in life... couldn't learn easy tasks... indicating a very definite and irreversible damage to the central nervous system of the fetus." Where VDT operators were exposed to weak fields, there were clusters of miscarriages and birth defects, with evidence of central nervous system damage to the fetus.
- Byrd also wrote of experiments where behavior of animals was controlled by exposure to weak electromagnetic fields. "At a certain frequency and power intensity, they could make the animal purr, lay down and roll over."
- Byrd ran a project using magnetic fields to cause certain brain cells in rats to release histamine. In humans, this would cause instant 'flu-like symptoms and produce nausea. "These fields were extremely weak. They were undetectable. The effects were non-lethal and reversible. You could disable a person temporarily. It would have been like a stun gun."
- Byrd says he was told his work would be unclassified, "unless it works." Because it worked, he suspects that the program "went black." Other scientists tell similar tales of research on EMR turning top secret once successful results were achieved. (Eldon Byrd: Mankind Research Unlimited)
US Irradiation of Women at Greenham Common, England, 1984
In the fall of 1984 women protesters at the USAF airbase at Greenham Common in England were subjected to beams of non-thermal microwave irradiation, after they started to be more active following the arrival of Cruise missiles in March 1984. They suffered typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms, which were documented at the time.
- These women suffered unusual patterns of illness which ranged from “severe headaches, drowsiness, menstrual bleeding at abnormal times or post-menopausal, to bouts of temporary paralysis, faulty speech coordination and in one case apparent circulatory failure requiring hospitalization”
(Rosalie Bertell, commissioner for International Commission of Health Professionals for Human Rights, Geneva, Switzerland; Anna Keeler: “Remote Mind Control Technology”, in Jim Keith: "Secret and Suppressed": 38-39)
- Other documented symptoms included:
“vertigo, retinal bleeding, burnt face (even at night), nausea, sleep disturbances and palpitations … lack of concentration, disorientation, loss of memory, irritability and a sense of panic in non-panic situations.”
(Kim Bealy: “Electromagnetic Pollution: A Little Known Health Hazard, A New Means of Control?” Preliminary Report, Greenham Common Women’s Peace Camp)
"Doctors are compiling a report on the condition of a number of Greenham Common peace women who have had symptoms which are consistent with the known neurophysiological effects of electromagnetic waves, or low level radiation. These symptoms range from headache and dizziness to difficulties of concentration or memory. Fears of electronic "zapping" have led peace women at the camp to keep a record of ill-effects reported by their groups over the past year.
Claims that this has revealed a pattern of illness will be presented by the peacewomen at a media briefing in London today. They will report that at least 40 women present at different points around the nine-mile perimeter of the American cruise missile base have experienced similar symptoms, at the same times. Dr. Stephen Farrow, chairman of the Medical Campaign Against Nuclear weapons said yesterday: "We are now compiling evidence about the claims made by the women. There is obviously a great deal of interest in what they say; it seem feasible,
The Greenham women claim that meter tests outside camp, taken at times when women have experienced the symptoms, have shown a marked increase in background microwave signal levels. they also say the symptoms are more pronounced when cruise missile convoys leave the camp."
"Women peace campers at Greenham Common, England, claim that they are being attacked by the US electronic weapons from within the US airbase there. They believe that some form of electromagnetic wave or other signal is being directed at them and is responsible for a number of illnesses they have suffered over the past year. Symptoms range from mild headaches and drowsiness to bouts of temporary paralysis and, in one case, an apparent circulatory failure which required emergency treatment. Women have also complained of sharp pains and problems with speech coordination. A team of doctors from the Medical Campaign Against nuclear Weapons are compiling a report on the condition of the women affected.
The women first noticed a pattern of illnesses emerging in 1984. They discounted food or water poisoning as a cause and started to suspect interference from inside the base. They found that women at different points around the camp appeared to have experienced similar symptoms at the same time, even when they were not in contact with one another.
They believe there is a deliberate intent to make life difficult for them and so drive them away. Some of the worst affected women now find it impossible to stay around Greenham for more than a short period of time.
Electronic weapons are know to have been used by security forces on a number of occasions. The Americans are reported to have used ultrasound to disorient and demoralize their enemies during the Vietnam war and a number of American police forces are believed to have carried out trials with infra-sound generators mounted on the back of trucks. The high intensity, low frequency pressure waves these produce are said to cause vomiting, nausea and a range of other disturbances and to induce fits in those who are subject to them. American medical groups have protested against the proposed use of these weapons for urban riot control.
Microwave radiation is also believed to have been used as a weapon at various times. The most celebrated instance was the irradiation of the US Embassy in Moscow during the 1950s, '60s and '70s.
The women at Greenham Common suspect that more than one type of frequency of radiation is being used against them. They say that the symptoms vary from time to time and seem to reflect what takes place on the base. Large numbers of women have complained of sudden feelings of extreme tiredness shortly before major events, such as the departure of a cruise missile convoy and on other occasions when their activities might have proved particularly awkward for the forces using the base.
We have conducted a number of tests around the base in cooperation with journalists from other organizations. Readings taken with a wide range signal strength meter showed marked increases in the background signal level near one of the womens' camps at a time when they claimed to be experiencing ill effects.
On another occasion, previously low signal levels near the camp rose sharply when the women created a disturbance just outside the perimeter fence of the base.
The signal levels measured were well above normal background levels but still within official safety limits. however, there is evidence from a number of sources that low levels of electromagnetic radiation can have harmful effects especially where exposure takes place over a long period of time."
US Embassy, Havana, Cuba, 2017
Likely microwave weapon attacks:
In 2017 there were reports of illness at the US embassy at Havana, Cuba, caused by electromagnetic radiation or microwave guns or sound waves. Some 24 embassy staff suffered hearing loss, dizziness and nausea and had to be withdrawn. Canadians were also involved. Specific people in specific parts of specific rooms were targeted.
Some psychologists proposed mass hysteria, but physical changes were found in the ears and brains of those diplomats involved.
Another proposal has been a chemical attack.
Another proposal has been a sonic attack.
Since ultrasound used in the brain for therapeutic purposes never causes white matter tract problems, it is now regarded as likely caused by microwave attacks.
For fMRI brain scans showing damage caused by microwaves, see:
Microwave Sonic Weapons:
The effects of microwaves producing sound pressures in the brain, known as the microwave auditory effect of the Frey effect, were discovered by Allan Frey in 1962 and have been developed extensively in US and USSR research since then. This included the US MEDUSA project (Mob Excess Deterrent Using Silent Audio).
Dr Lev Sadovnik, of the Sierra Nevada Corporation, noted that there are health risks, especially brain damage from the high-intensity shockwave created by the microwave pulse. Dr James Lin in 2008 said of a microwave sonic weapon: "“I would worry about what other health effects it is having. You might see neural damage.”
Sonic weapons have been sold by the US to China:
- Associated Press: "Brain abnormalities found in victims of invisible US Embassy attacks in Cuba - leading doctors to think MICROWAVES caused their loss of vision, hearing, balance and memory" (Daily Mail, December 6 2017)
- Associated Press: "'Sonic attack': Canadian diplomat in Cuba also suffered hearing damage" (Guardian, August 11 2017)
- Associated Press: "Mystery of sonic weapon attacks at US embassy in Cuba deepens" (Guardian, September 14 2017)
- Julian Borger, Philip Jaekl: "Mass hysteria may explain 'sonic attacks' in Cuba, say top neurologists" (Guardian, October 12 2017)
- Zachary Cohen: "New audio adds to mystery of attacks on US diplomats" (CNN, October 14 2017)
- David Hambling: "Weaponised microwave may be behind alleged sonic attacks in Cuba" (New Scientist, December 12 2017)
- Katherine Hignett: "Mass Hysteria or Microwave Weapons - What's behind the 'Sonic Attacks' on U.S. diplomats in Cuba?" (Newsweek, December 19 2017)
- Josh Lederman, Michael Weissenstein: "Dangerous sound? What Americans heard in Cuba attacks" (Associated Press, October 13 2017)
- James Lin: "Strange Reports of Weaponized Sound in Cuba [Health Matters]" (IEEE Microwave Magazine, 2017)
- Beth Mole: "Diplomats in Cuba have been under attack—but the weaponry is a mystery" (Ars Technica, September 17 2018)
- Adam Rogers: "Were US Diplomats in Cuba victims of a sonic attack - or something else?" (Wired, October 5 2017)
- Ali Watkins: "Cuba attack mystery may be Cold War flashback, officials say" (Politico, November 12 2017)
US Consulate, Guangzhou, China, 2018
The US State Department stated in an email to citizens in China: "A US government employee in China recently reported subtle and vague, but abnormal, sensations of sound and pressure." The employee reported experiencing "abnormal sensations of sounds and pressure".
As with the Cuba incident, this is likely microwave sonic effects, long used in electronic warfare, rather than purely sonic effects, which have not shown white matter trauma. See above under Cuba 2017 for fMRI brain scans showing brain damage from microwaves and US scientists noting the brain damage.
"James Lin, an engineering professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago, thought that the effects might have come from microwaves. He produced a “sonic” signal from microwaves in the lab and found that at the threshold level for perception the microwave pulses caused a pressure inside the head interpreted as sound. “If you increase it to super threshold level I have no doubt it could produce serious damage,” he said. “I think that’s the most likely scenario.” The use of microwaves as a potential weapon has a precedent in the Cold War, when American officials discovered that the US embassy in Moscow was being bombarded with them."
Boer Deng: "Mystery noises and illnesses evoke terrors of Cold War" (Times of London, June 15 2018)
US Diplomats, Beijing and Shanghai, 2018
Two diplomats from the US embassy in Beijing and one from the US consulate in Shanghai complained of symptoms in July 2018 similar to those of dizziness, tinnitus and nausea in the earlier microwave attacks in Guangzhou and Cuba.
US Diplomats in Four Countries, 2018
The Associated Press reported that 26 Americans have been “medically confirmed” to have been injured in the wave of incidents, and diplomats who have served in at least seven cities in four countries have sought testing.
Recent Developments in Microwave Warfare
- David J Dean: "Low-intensity conflict and modem technology" (Air University Press Center for Aerospace Doctrine, Research, and Education Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, 1986)
- Paul Gaffney: "Amended FOI re:UK/US use of weapons I previously gave the misnomer 'Voice of God 'weapon systems" (What do they Know? February 17 2010)
- Bill Gertz: "How China's Mad Scientists Plan to Shock America's Military: Super Lasers, Railguns and Microwave Weapons" (The National Interest, March 10 2017)
- Alex Hern: "Hacked satellite systems could launch microwave-like attacks, expert warns" (Guardian, August 9 2018)
- "Hacked satellite could launch microwave-like attacks" (Homeland Security News Wire, August 10 2018)
- Elsa B. Kania: "The PLA’s Potential Breakthrough in High-Power Microwave Weapons" (The Diplomat, March 11 2017)
- Jeffrey Lin and P W Singer: "China's new microwave weapon can disable missiles and paralyze tanks" (Popular Science, January 26 2017)
- Reutters and Cheyenne Macdonald: "Expert warns satellites could be hacked and used as giant 'radio frequency weapons,' as researchers gather in Las Vegas to hunt for bugs in communication systems and voting machines" (Daily Mail, August 10 2018)
- John J McMurtrey: "Remote Behavioral Influence Technology Evidence" (2003)
- James Seidel: "The biotechnology revolution is here - and so are superhuman soldiers of war" (The Advertiser, Adelaide Now, May 11 2018)
- Ian Shapira: "Was a spy’s Parkinson’s disease caused by a secret microwave weapon attack?" (The Washington Post, December 5 2017)
- Joseph Trevithick: "Is The United States Firing Off "Electricity Bombs" in Syria?" (The Drive, July 27 2017)
- Philip Walker: "High-Tech War-Crime Report, Prepared for Congress & The Trump Administration" (Universal Aspects, April 2018)
Most armies now deploy electronic warfare units which aim to create specific Electrosensitivity symptoms in the enemy to confuse, disorientate or debilitate them.
- During recent wars in places like Iraq some troops have been withdrawn when they have begun to suffer from symptoms of Electrosensitivity. Before the main engagements with explosives, electronic radiation was used to disorientate enemy personnel by creating typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms in them.
Geo-magnetic Warfare, Geo-Terrorism and 'Technetronic' Warfare
The combination of Technology and Electronics ('Technetronics' as described in 1968 by Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to President Jimmy Carter, 1977-81) allows malevolent governments increasingly to control covertly both geo-magnetic events, like global warming and earthquakes, and also increasingly to control human psychological and cognitive processes.
Thus the political emphasis on carbon-caused global warming can be seen in part as an attempt to hide covert geo-magnetic interference itself causing global warming along with unusual weather-related events. Such geo-magnetic events can apparently be manipulated to exert pressure on governments reluctant to accept a super-power's political hegemony.
Shielding and Protection
People with Electrosensitivity often use protective silvered netting, manufactured originally for military use, to shield themselves from the radiation from cellphones, WiFi and towers. Much of industry, as well as the military and individuals, now wish to shield themselves from electromagnetic attack.
2. Electromagnetic Weapons
Indiscriminate Pulse and Microwave weapons
Some governments deploy electromagnetic devices both against enemy forces and against parts of their own civilian population. These tend to be indiscriminate, harming all people and animals within range. They can often produce typical specific Electrosensitivity symptoms.
- Very powerful devices, like 'High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse' (HEMP), aim to disable all electronic equipment and installations over a wide area.
- Smaller-scale 'microwave energy weapons' (HPM) can cause painful burning sensations or other injuries to someone in the path of the beam, or can even be fatal. They would likely impact hospital equipment and implanted cardiac pace-makers, rendering such weapons as subversive to human rights under several categories.
(Clay Wilson: "High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) and High Power Microwave (HPM) Devices: Threat Assessments" Congressional Research Service (CRS) Report for Congress, July 21 2008)
- Indiscriminate mass attack weapons, like Ray Guns, use pulsed radiation causing unbearable pain. (Michael Hanlon: "Run away the ray-gun is coming : We test US army's new secret weapon" Daily Mail, September 18 2007)
- Covert pulsed radiation from towers and mobile units has been used by some governments to 'control' selected sections of their civilian population, especially through disablement and disorientation, or, in the longer term, through neurological illnesses and cancers.
- The use of electromagnetic radiation from WiFi and cellphones in public areas such as hospitals, schools and other public areas acts in the same way as indiscriminate electromagnetic weaponry against people who are highly sensitive to electromagnetic radiation.
Laser Weapons System (LaWS)
The US Navy is planning to deploy high-energy Laser weapons. This is also known as directed energy. It can be used both defensively against missile strikes and offensively.
Individually Targeted Electromagnetic Weapons
- Individual electric assault weapons or conducted electric weapons, like Taser, use wired barbs or electrodes to electrify the person targeted and create severe muscular reactions.
- Some countries regard stun guns or tasers as instruments of torture prohibited by the United Nations Committee against Torture.
("U.N.: Tasers Are A Form Of Torture" CBS News, November 25 2007)
- Portable microwave devices like cellphones or tablets can act like electromagnetic weapons against an individual person highly sensitive to them, producing the typical Electrosensitivity symptoms which the World Health Organization states can be disabling.
There is increasing evidence that agencies and networks, allegedly linked to some governments, are illegally using microwave weapons against targeted individuals for political or business reasons.
- "High Energy Physicist, Dr. Katherine Horton, Tells of her Debilitating Attacks From Govt Weapons" (2017, 70 mins)
Proposed Mind Control or Interference: Lilly waves and Psychotronic Warfare
- John C. Lilly (1915-2001) developed a balanced bi-phasic electric pulse pair, the 'Lilly Wave', to push ions in the neuron in first one direction and then the other, thus stimulating the neuron. Previous wave forms used in neurophysiology and neurosurgery injured the neurons when unidirectional current passed through the brain. This stimulates the neurons of the brain to resonate at a certain frequency. Thus the Lilly wave has the ability to control the brainwave patterns of the brain.
- Lilly JC et al.: "Brief, noninjurious electric waveform for stimulation of the brain" (Science, 1955)
- Similar effects are used in transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS), with electrodes attached to the skull. It can produce retinal phosphenes. Direct current applications (tDCS) have become common and present challenges (Wexler A, 2016). These systems, and EEG, can now be controlled by commercial devices using wireless links (e.g. Neuroelectrics). Many people, of course, are sensitive to low-level electromagnetic exposure and can experience similar adverse effects from environmental ambient radiation (Eger H et al, 2010).
- It has been claimed that the Lilly Wave can also make the brain's water molecules resonate at a desired frequency thus causing the electrons that form the brain's electrical voltages to also resonate at the same frequency, using electromagnetic and acoustic waves. The Lilly Wave can also entrain blood sugar and iron within neurons' cellular structure when the molecule is targeted by a wave resonating at the same frequency as that molecule, leading to the molecule's explosion. For sugar molecules and crystals this triboluminescence releases an electric and electromagnetic charge, creating extreme confusion, dizziness, and lack of awareness or apathy.
The Lilly Wave frequency has allegedly been used as a military application, known as the “madness” frequency. The Los Angeles Riots are said to have been the first open test of its capacity to mass control anger and violent response from the mob.
The Lilly Wave can also entrain the brain and blood's iron molecules, causing the iron to condense together via resonant attraction and clump within the brain, causing the iron to be magnetised and rush to the top of your head. This results in a rush of blood to the head and extreme confusion and dizziness. It can also be reversed, causing a draining of blood from the head, leading to unconsciousness.
- "The Lilly Wave And Psychotronic Warfare" (The Bridge)
3. Weather Modification, Climate Change, Geo-Engineering and Earthquakes
Hostile and military weather modification with severe effects is banned under the United Nations Convention of 1976.
Some states or groups, however, have considered or experimented with weather modification, climate change, geo-engineering, earthquakes and tectonic weapons, and putting satellites with offensive capabilities into orbit. HAARP, financed by the US Air Force and Navy, began in 1993 and was closed in 2014. It had a 3.6 megaWatt transmitter, with an effective radiated power of up to 5.1 gigaWatts or 97.1 dBW.
- "Others are engaging even in an eco type of terrorism, whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes or volcanos remotely, through the use of electromagnetic waves"
William S. Cohen, US Secretary of Defense: "Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy" April 28, 1997
- Anon.: "HAARP: How to make an Earthquake" (2010, 10 mins)
- Burks, Fred: "HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic Warfare" (Global Research, August 1 2010)
- Cabin Talk: "Elana Freeland talking about 5G and the GeoEngineering connection" (October 27 2017)
- Chamberlain AR et al: "Weather and Climate Modification" (Report of the Special Commission on Weather Modification, National Science Foundation, US, 1965, 149 pages)
- Chossudovsky M: "The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction: “Owning the Weather” for Military Use" (Global Research, May 22 2016)
- Chossudovsky M: “Washington’s New World Order Weapons Have the Ability to Trigger Climate Change” (2002)
- Coble, Barry B: "Benign Weather Modification" (School of Advanced Airpower Studies, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, 1996)
- Eastlund, Bernard J: "Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere" (US Patent 4686605 A, 1985)
- ETC Group: "Geo-Engineering Moratorium agreed at UN Ministerial in Japan" (Food Freedom, October 28 2010)
- Finner, Dee: "Weather Manipulation and the Results" (c.2005)
- House TJ et al: "Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025" (US Air Force, 1996)
- Huff, Ethan A: "New NASA research points to possible HAARP connection in Japan earthquake, tsunami" (Natural News, June 10 2011)
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: "Summary" (2013)
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: “Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis” (2013)
- Kincaid, Paul: "USAF redeploys X-37B climate chaos, earthquake and tsunami inducing orbital HAARP weapon" (Press Core, May 23 2015)
- Livingston, Ben: "The Father Of Weaponized Weather" (2011, 39 min.)
- Newell HE: "A Recommended National Program In Weather Modification" (NASA, Report to the Interdepartmental Committee for Atmospheric Sciences, US, 1996, 97 pages)
- Weeks, Darren: "Methods of Artificial Weather Manipulation (AWM) help agriculture, devastate the enemy and control the world economy" (India Daily, March 27, 2005)
- Wiginton, Dane: "Geoengineering: Waging Weather Warfare On World Populations" (Geoengineering Watch, January 2 2018, 46 min.)
- Wiginton, Dane: "HAARP: Are Microwave Transmission Weapons Of Mass Destruction Being Used To Trigger Catastrophic Earthquakes?" (November 16 2016)
In 1999 the European Parliament issued a statement on Legal aspects of military activities, which included the following:
"26. Calls on the European Union to seek to have the new 'non-lethal' weapons technology and the development of new arms strategies also covered and regulated by international conventions;
27. Considers HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Project) by virtue of its far-reaching impact on the environment to be a global concern and calls for its legal, ecological and ethical implications to be examined by an international independent body before any further research and testing; regrets the repeated refusal of the United States Administration to send anyone in person to give evidence to the public hearing or any subsequent meeting held by its competent committee into the environmental and public risks connected with the high Frequency Active Auroral Research Project (HAARP) programme currently being funded in Alaska;
28. Requests the Scientific and Technological Options Assessment (STOA) Panel to agree to examine the scientific and technical evidence provided in all existing research findings on HAARP to assess the exact nature and degree of risk that HAARP poses both to the local and global environment and to public health generally;
29. Calls on the Commission, in collaboration with the governments of Sweden, Finland, Norway and the Russian Federation, to examine the environmental and public health implications of the HAARP programme for Arctic Europe and to report back to Parliament with its findings;
30. Calls in particular for an international convention for a global ban on all research and development, whether military or civilian, which seeks to apply knowledge of the chemical, electrical, sound vibration or other functioning of the human brain to the development of weapons which might enable any form of manipulation of human beings, including a ban on any actual or possible deployment of such systems;"
So-called 'non-lethal' weapons are not a new type of weapon but have existed for many years in such forms as water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas. However, at the present time, more and more advanced weapon techniques have been developed which are labelled non-lethal despite the fact that they can cause extensive damage and even result in invalidity or death.
Both material and antipersonnel technologies have been developed. One example is acoustic weapons which are capable of confusing and disorientating and thereby neutralising an enemy by producing a low level of sound, known as infra-sound. Other examples are adhesive foam and blinding lasers. Chemicals which discolour water can affect both agriculture and the population. With the aid of electromagnetic beams it is possible to knock out the enemy's computer, navigation and communication systems. Non-lethal weapons can also be used against a country's infrastructure and authorities, bring the railway system to a standstill or cause chaos in a country's financial world. What these weapons have in common is that they are intended to delay, obstruct and overcome a potential enemy at 'strategic level'.(10)
The fact that these different types of weapon are all categorised as non-lethal is seriously misleading and deluding. The term 'non-lethal' is intended to portray these weapons as more humane than conventional weapons - but there are no humane weapons. The use of any type of weapon involves a risk of injury or death, which is of course the purpose of weapons. 'Non-lethal' weapons tend to be used at an early stage of a conflict and may actually serve as a catalyst for the conflict. The use of violence by soldiers and police may increase because the weapons appear to be less dangerous. The inherent risk is that these weapons reduce the threshold for the use of violence to settle conflicts.
The aim is to neutralise the enemy without sustained suffering and without fatalities. But how and against whom 'non-lethal' weapons are used is an important consideration in terms of the implications of these weapons. A weapon that can render a soldier harmless, may injure or even kill a child or an elderly person. The distance from which they are fired and in what quantity are other factors with a bearing on the effects of the weapon. By way of comparison, conventional weapons result in 'only' 25% mortality.(11)
Non-lethal weapons are used as an effective aid in modern warfare, either independently or in conjunction with conventional weapons. For example, the USA used radio frequent weapons in the Gulf War to knock out Iraq's energy system(12), despite not knowing the antipersonnel effects of RF weapons. Non-lethal weapons should, therefore, not be regarded as separate from a lethal system but rather as a component thereof. The development of non-lethal weapons increases both their options. The result is therefore greater use of force rather than the opposite. 'Non-lethal' weapons do not result in non-lethal conflicts."
(European Parliament: "On the environment, security and foreign policy" (January 14 1999: PE 227.710/fin. A4-0005/99)
Written Question: by Proinsias De Rossa (PSE) to the Commission
Subject: Weapons for manipulating human beings
"In January 1999, the European Parliament adopted a resolution on the environment, security and foreign policy (A4-0005/99)(1) which called, in paragraph 27, for an ‘international convention introducing a global ban on all developments and deployments of weapons which might enable any form of manipulation of human beings’. Could the Commission outline what action has been taken by the EU on this issue since this call was made?"
(European Parliament: Parliamentary questions: E-1287/08; March 6 2008):
- Admin.: "Boeing Conducts First Tests of High Power Microwave (HPM) Missile" (Defense Update, September 22 2011)
- Colin Clark: "Russia Widens EW War, ‘Disabling’ EC-130s OR AC-130s In Syria" (Breaking Defense, April 24 2018)
- Ananda, Rady: "Planetary Weapons and Military Weather Modification: Chemtrails, Atmospheric Geoengineering and Environmental Warfare" (Global Research, 2013, republished 2015)
- Babacek, Mojmir: "Psychotronic and Electromagnetic Weapons: Remote Control of the Human Nervous System" (Truth11, January 21 2013)
- Babacek, Mojmir: "Means of Information War threaten Democracy and Mankind" (June 29 2008)
- Begich N, Manning J: "Angels don‘t Play this Haarp: Advances in Tesla Technology" (1997)
- Moretti D et al.: “A risk function for behavioural disruption of Blainville's beaked whales (Mesoplodon densirostris) from mid-frequency active sonar” (PLoS One, 2014)
- Bertell, Rosalie: “Background on HAARP” (1996)
- Tood South: "From shellfish to plankton, DARPA program turns creatures into sensors" (Navy Times, February 27 2018)
- Southall BL et al.: "Final report of the Independent Scientific Review Panel investigating potential contributing factors to a 2008 mass stranding of melon-headed whales (Peponocephala electra) in Antsohihy, Madagascar" (Independent Scientific Review Panel, 2013)
- van Beest FM et al.: “Fine-scale movement responses of free-ranging harbour porpoises to capture, tagging and short-term noise pulses from a single airgun” (R Soc Open Sci, 2018)
- Wisniewska DM et al.: “High rates of vessel noise disrupt foraging in wild harbour porpoises (Phocoena phocoena)” (Proc Biol Sci, 2018)
- Chossudovsky M: “Washington’s New World Order Weapons Have the Ability to Trigger Climate Change” (2002)
- Cohen, Josh: “Do not underestimate the Russian military: Electronic warfare that the West needs to catch up to” (Intersection, January 8 2016)
- Flynn, Jerry: “Military Electronic Warfare Expert Warns of Covert Genocide” (April 29 2015) “Since the 1950s, Soviet/Russian and U.S. Militaries have been researching electromagnetic frequencies to determine which are the most harmful to humans.”
- Gould, Joe: “Electronic Warfare: What US Army Can Learn From Ukraine” (Defense News, August 4 2015)
- Hagopian, Joachim: "Cell Towers and Cellphones. Microwave Radiation, Electromagnetic Pollution, Impacts on Human Health" (Global Research, August 10 2016)
- James, Preston: "ElectroMagneticFrequency (EMF) Pollution and Ways to Mitigate the Effects" (Ascending Star seed, December 28 2016)
- Keller, John: “New Russian directed-energy weapon could complicate U.S. military strategic planning” (Military & Aerospace, July 7, 2015)
- Lendman, Stephen: "Electromagnetic Frequency Mind Control Weapons" (Progressive Radio Network, January 4 2011)
- MacDonald, Gordon JF: ‘How to Wreck the Environment’ (in Calder, Nigel (ed.): "Unless Peace Comes: A Scientific Forecast of New Weapons" Allen Lane Publishers, 1968)
- Papers on microwave weapons, psychotronic warfare, etc.
- Meltz G, Perkins FW: "Ionospheric modification theory: Past, present, and future" (Radio Science, 1974)
- Peter Phillips, Lew Brown, Bridget Thornton: "US Electromagnetic Weapons and Human Rights: A Study of the History of the US Intelligence Community Human Rights Violations and Continuing Research in Electromagnetic Weapons" (Sonoma State University, Project Censored, Media Freedom Foundation, 2006)
- Russia: Electronic Warfare Directorate (Foreign Broadcast Information Service)
- Tim: “Targeted Individuals Reporting Electronic Weaponry Crimes” (WhatDoTheyKnow, Freedom of Information request: Ministry of Defence Police, July 11 2014)
- U.S. Army: Communications – Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC)