5G Health Harm
back to: Practical Advice
See the measurements for 4G small cell antennas in Palo Alto, from 720,000 µW/m² to 1,230,000 µW/m².
These levels are extremely hazardous according to Biological Safety Limits, where 1,000 µW/m² is an 'extreme hazard'.
The exposure is continuous and cumulative.
This could herald the end of city and downtown life as we know it.
- PMG: "Palo Alto 4G Small Cells: An Extreme Health Hazard" (Scientists for Wired Technology, April 23 2017)
- "Long Island Residents Protest Small Cells in Front of Homes" (CBS News, July 7 2017, 2 min.)
- "Ellie Marks California Brain Tumor Association Testifies Against 5G Small Cell Bill" (EHT, July 13 2017, 1 min.)
- "The Next Great Unknown Experiment On Our Children" (Environmental Health Trust)
- "Cities fight bill to streamline cell antenna installations" (Ramona Giwargis, Mercury News, July 5 2017)
- Mary Beth Brangan: "Fight Against SB 649 Continues" (eon3EMFblog.net, July 18 2017),
- John P Thomas: "New 5G Cell Towers and Smart Meters to Increase Microwave Radiation – Invade Privacy" (Health Impact News, July 7 2017)
- Isobel Roe: “5G phone network: Expert concerned by lack of understanding of potential health effects” (ABC News, August 18 2017)
Human race: extinction approaching
Prof. Martin Pall, an expert on human effects of RF radiation warns:
- "DNA damage known to be produced by these EMFs occur in human sperm and may also occur in human eggs, leading to large increases in mutation in any children born. It is thought that an increase in mutation frequency of 2.5 to 3-fold will lead to extinction because of accumulation of large numbers of damaging mutations. We may already be over this level, and if so, simply continuing our current exposures will lead to eventual extinction. Further increases in exposures will be more rapidly self-destructive."
Prof. Martin Pall: "Letter to California Legislators" (August 7 2017)
- Prof. M Pall: "List of 134 Reviews on Non-thermal Effects of Microwave/Intermediate Frequency EMFs" (August 2017)
216 out of 400 cities and 34 out of 57 counties opposed the bill SB 649, but it was still passed on July 12 2017.
5G and mmW (millimeter Wave) and Terahertz radiation: Health Harm
- Key recommendations:
Do not proceed to roll out 5G technologies pending pre-market studies on health effects
Re-evaluate safety standards based on long term as well as short term studies on biological effects
(Russell C, 2017)
The new ‘5G’ (5th generation wireless radiation system) will use high frequencies. The 5G frequencies will probably be in the ‘millimetre Wave’ (mmW) range of about 30-300 GHz (= 10–1 mm = 0.003-0.3 THz), and Terahertz (300-3,000 GHz = 0.3-3 THz, = 1.0-0.1 mm).
These may include 28 GHz, and perhaps 38, 60 and 72-73 GHz. There is no agreed standard yet. Research began under NASA in 2008. The electronic weapon Active Denial uses 95 GHz (= 3 mm wavelength). At the lower end, these frequencies are not far from WiFi and other microwave uses like cellphones, including frequencies like WiFi's 5 GHz.
Trials were held in cities in the Netherlands in 2015. Larger trials are scheduled for 2017 in 11 cities in the USA and in London, England. Some states are seeking to eliminate new 5G small cell Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) from local control and jurisdiction. These small cells will be fitted on electric and light poles in front of businesses and residences. There is growing anger and disbelief at the disregard for the massive health problems which GHz radiation will cause so close to homes.
- Monica Alleven: "Ericsson wants STA for supersecret 5G tests before Verizon board meeting" (Fierce Wireless, January 27 2017)
- Sean Kinney: "Verizon project in Palo Alto highlights challenges in scaling small cells" (RCR Wireless News, June 16 2017)
The test results for 4G small cells in Palo Alto show that there is a major health crisis in the making. Critics argue that each small cell appears to be breaking the Nuremberg Code as regards its irradiation of passers by and local residents. Measurements show that RF/MW radiation is from 720,000 µW/m² to 1,230,000 µW/m². These levels are extremely hazardous according to Biological Safety Limits, where 1,000 µW/m² is an 'extreme hazard'. The exposure is continuous for many persons and cumulative.
- PMG: "Palo Alto 4G Small Cells: An Extreme Health Hazard" (Scientists for Wired Technology, April 23 2017)
- No full health evaluation for 5G:
There was a disastrous failure to evaluate fully the health harm from wireless radiation at lower frequencies than 5G, before the release of cellphones, cellphone towers, WiFi and smart meters. All this radiation, including 5G, is now classified as a class 2B human carcinogen and is a known neurological agent. The leading international experts now say that there is sufficient evidence to reclassify it as a class 2A probable or class 1 certain human carcinogen. There has so far been no full evaluation of the health harm from 5G radiation, especially long-term effects. This implies that 5G trials, often on mainly innocent and unaware populations, may be in contravention of the Nuremberg code.
- 5G Health Harm: 5G radiation exposure should be below limits for sensitive populations:
5G radiation is classified as a 2B human carcinogen which experts say should now be moved to a class 2A or 1 category (see above).
Research since the 1970s and 1980s has shown that mmW is definitely bioactive. Exposure to mmW has both harmful and therapeutic effects, depending on frequencies, type of signals, exposure strength and exposure duration. It is also well established that many of these effects are non-thermal, although some are also the result of heating. The effects can also be non-linear and are sometimes genetically based, making detailed research essential before 5G radiation is approved for public or private irradiation areas where some members of the public will be especially sensitive depending on their genetic make-up.
Now that real electrosensitivity is a well recognised condition (e.g. Belpomme D et al, 2015), it would be appropriate to ensure that all 5G transmitters are compliant with biological limits, such as the EUROPAEM 2016 Guidelines. The latter provide the latest safety limits for people with electrosensitivity (Belyaev I et a, 2016). It has been accepted by the WHO since 2002 that lower biological limits are required for "certain sensitive individuals" (ICNIRP) who need limits below the current heating standards.
- Established Health risks from 5G:
Many non-thermal effects are established, but the safety limits do not apply to them or to people especially sensitive to this type of radiation. In addition there are heating effects. The current outdated limits apply only to these heating limits.
It seems that mmW has harmful effects similar to other non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation. These include: gene expression and cancer, DNA changes, antibiotic effects, effects on inter-cellular communication and acupuncture points, cognitive and fetal effects, effects on calcium mechanisms, effects on the eyes, and localized heating. There are also reports of specific EHS symptoms following mmW therapeutic exposure.
Of particular concern are elderly people and others with thin skin. Exposure at mmW is known to penetrate the outer layers of skin. Where the skin is thinner or more vulnerable or sensitive, such as where there are more sweat ducts and pores, as on the face and back of hands, such people will be particularly vulnerable to the non-thermal effects as well as thermal ones. This already seems to be the case with the higher frequencies of WiFi.
There is also special concern over the eyes, since mmW radiation is particularly harmful to the optical system. Prolonged exposure to 5G mmW radiation needs more ophthalmic research.
- See below for a few of the hundreds of studies on health effects of mmW and Terahertz.
- Russell C: ”A 5G Wireless Future: Will it give us a smart nation or contribute to an unhealthy one?” (SCCMA Bulletin, 2017) references.
- EH Trust: "The FCC Approves 5G Millimeter Wave Spectrum Frontiers: The Next Great Unknown Experiment On Our Children" (2016)
- Cindy Sage: summary of: Dr Jerrold T. Bushberg: “At What Distance Does a Small Cell Mounted at 26′ height produce greater than the BioInitiative 2007 recommendation of 0.1 microwatt/cm2 (green highlight)? Or ten times higher at 1.0 microwatt/cm2 (yellow highlight)?" (2017)
- Joel M. Moskowitz: "Is 5G Cellular Technology Harmful to Our Health?" (EMR Safety, 2016, 2017)
- Jonathan Landsman: "Action alert: 5G cellular technology will blanket planetary life with ultra-high microwave frequencies" (Natural Health 365, 2016)
- Makia Freeman: “5G and IoT: Total Technological Control Grid being rolled out fast” (Galactic Connection, 2017)
- Maciej Heyman: "The Internet of Things Poses Human Health Risks: Scientists Question the Safety of Untested 5G Technology at International Conference" (Military Technologies, March 9 2017)
- Dr Axe: "5G Health Effects: Is This Wireless Technology Even Safe?" (2017)
- Jim Puzzanghera: "Is 5G technology dangerous? Early data shows a slight increase of tumors in male rats exposed to cellphone radiation" (LA Times, 2016)
- FFH: "The Looming Health Risks of 5G Technology" (2017)
- Gerald Mitchell: "Brain Tumors: A Risk of SB 649 Small Cell Wireless Streaming Bill" (2017, 2 min.)
- Jack O'Dwyer: "“5G” Technology Called “Outrageous” by Powell" (2016)
- Pedro Aquila: "5G Network Being Pushed On The Public With Zero Concern For Safety" (Natural Blaze, 2017)
- Public News Service: "State Senate Committee Presses Pause on 5G Wireless Bill" (May 16 29017)
- Sheila Pell: "Escondido says no cell towers in your front yard — unless you live on a street like Citracado 10: Ben Hueso carries water for wireless guys" (San Diego Reader, June 5 2017)
- Reinette Senum: "The 5G Network: What You Don't Know May Kill You" (The Foghorn Express, April 3 2017)
- John P Thomas: "New 5G Cell Towers and Smart Meters to Increase Microwave Radiation – Invade Privacy" (Health Impact News, July 13 2017)
- Lynne Wycherley: "Wireless pollution 'out of control' as corporate race for 5G gears up" (The Ecologist, October 27 2016)
Fiber optic cables as safe alternative to dangerous 5G radiation
Active Denial 95GHz offensive weapon, Directed Energy Weapons:
"'Heat ray' Crowd Dispersal Cannon -Active Denial System: Microwave Weapon" (2015, 3 min.)
A few Health Studies from hundreds:
Gene expression and cancer:
Alexandrov BS et al, 2011; Habauzit D et al, 2014; Korenstein-Ilan A et al, 2008.
Alexandrov BS et al, 2010
Soghomonyan D et al, 2016; Torgomyan H et al, 2012.
Inter-cellular communication and acupuncture points, low intensity effects:
DeSmul A, 1996; Lysenyuk VP et al, 2000; Vorobyov VV et al, 2002
Specific EHS symptoms, eg parethesia, fatigue and sleepiness:
Usichenko TI et al, 2006
Cognitive and fetal effects:
Zhao Z et al, 1998; Zhao ZG et al, 2005;
Behavioral, and histopathological changes:
Sharma A et al, 2017
Titushkin IA et al, 2009
Gandhi OP et al, 1986
Skin effects, hydration:
Alekseev SI et al, 2008
Millenbaugh NJ et al, 2008; Romanenko S et al, 2014; Wu T et al, 2015.
Pakhomov AG et al, 1998; article.