Earthing and Grounding
back to: Practical Advice
Earthing and Grounding
Earthing and Grounding, where the body takes negative ions from the surface of the Earth, also relate to anti-oxidant studies and studies dealing with oxidative stress, as well as the body’s biofield.
The practice of Earthing or Grounding is discouraged where the Earth has high electric fields and high frequency voltage transients caused by return currents. This is common in parts of Canada and the USA and can sometimes occur on the Earth of home wiring anywhere.
There are many Earthing and Grounding mats, shoes and devices available.
Take advice from the supplier, particularly over how to fit an earthing lead, otherwise you can increase your body voltage rather than reduce it, especially if you use the house wiring earth which may have currents and transients on it.
Some useful information on Earthing:
Some studies about Earthing and Grounding:
- Applewhite R: “The effectiveness of a conductive patch and a conductive bed pad in reducing induced human body voltage via the application of earth ground” (2005)
- Brown D et al.: “Pilot study on the effect of grounding on delayed-onset muscle soreness” (2010)
- Brown R et al.: “Grounding the human body during yoga exercise with a grounded yoga mat reduces blood viscosity” (2015)
- Chevalier G: “Changes in pulse rate, respiratory rate, blood oxygenation, perfusion index, skin conductance, and their variability induced during and after grounding human subjects for 40 minutes” (2010)
- Chevalier G: “The effect of grounding the human body on mood” (2015)
- Chevalier G et al.: “Earthing: health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth's surface electrons” (2012)
- Chevalier G et al.: “Earthing (grounding) the human body reduces blood viscosity-a major factor in cardiovascular disease” (2013)
- Hammerschlag R et al.: “Biofield Physiology: A Framework for an Emerging Discipline” (2015)
- Hillman D: “Effects of Extraneous Electricity on Dairy Cattle, Other Animals, and Humans - A Guide for Dairymen, Veterinarians, and Investigators of Stray Voltage” (2014)
- Hillman D et al.: “Electric and magnetic fields (emf) affect milk production and behavior of cows: results using shielded-neutral isolation transformer” (2004)
- Hillman D et al.: “Relationship of electric power quality to milk production of dairy herds - field study with literature review” (2013)
- Milham S et al.: “Tumor-specific frequencies and ocular melanoma” (2017)
- Oschman JL: “Can electrons act as antioxidants? A review and commentary” (2007)
- Oschman JL: “Charge transfer in the living matrix” (2009)
- OschmanJL et al.: “Biophysics of Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body" in Rosch PJ (ed.) Bioelectromagnetic and Subtle Energy Medicine (2nd ed.) (2015)
- Oschman JL et al.: “The effects of grounding (earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases” (2015)
- Passi R et al.: “Electrical Grounding Improves Vagal Tone in Preterm Infants” (2017)
- Rohde MK et al.: “The Association between Residence Floor Level and Cardiovascular Disease: The Health and Environment in Oslo Study” (2016)
- Sokal K et al.: “Earthing the human organism influences bioelectrical processes” (2012)
- Sokal P et al.: “Differences in Blood Urea and Creatinine Concentrations in Earthed and Unearthed Subjects during Cycling Exercise and Recovery” (2013)